Over this summer period, I have been away on holiday. It has been a great time getting refreshed and renewed as I embark on a big year of ministry in 2019. The other day, I had some reflecting time.
The Holy Spirit began to speak to me about the lane that I am called to live in and what that entitles. The Lord showed me that I had a lane to walk in and to not allow that lane to be compared to other people around me. I was thinking about that lane and what that looks like in this new year.
There will be people that will say things like you should do this, or you should go there, or you should even stay in our group. Jesus has called us as his people to become bigger than that and to stay in our lane by running our race.
Today I want to share a couple of points that will help you and I stay in our lane and to become better people as we seek him and be what he has called us to be in 2019.
1. Build your relationship with God in 2019
If there is something that the Lord wants to release over our life this year, it is more of his presence in our life. If we are going to become all that God wants us to be this year, then we need to become people that build our relationship with God. Everyday I spend time reading my bible, having time in prayer, and doing devotions.
There are many ways that we can spend time in the presence of God. Here are a few area we can spend time in the presence of God where our relationship with the Lord can be developed.
- There are many ways where we can read the Bible now through various resources such as You Version. I use You Version all the time. There are devotionals, bible reading plans and of course the Bible in every translation on there. This is a great tool in building our relationship with the Lord.
- Reading books that will help us grow in the areas of Spiritual Growth in our lives. I am reading a book from Francis Chan called “ Letters to the Church” at the moment and it is challenging me in my thinking in the area of discipleship.
- Finding a bible that is a good translation that you can read. Their are some good translations of the bible that you can read like the NKJV and NLT. Find the right one for you and read the word daily.
2. Always be open to discipleship and to be under accountability
One of the areas that I have learnt in my journey is that if I want to be effective and stay in my lane, then I need to make sure that discipleship is always at work in my life. That in everything that I do, there is a level of accountability being released upon my life so that I am being protected and covered in every decision that I make.
This is so that all I am doing bears fruit in my life and so that I can become all that the Lord wants me to be in this season. I encourage you this year to stay in your lane and to allow your relationship with the Lord to become the centre in all that you do in this coming year.
Brendon Collins is a Press Service International young writer from Wellington NZ. He would love to hear from any readers if this article has encouraged you. You can find him on Facebook or Instagram or you can email him at: firstname.lastname@example.org